CASRO Announces First Research-Specific Liability Insurance Program
Saturday, September 17, 2011
CASRO has partnered with Hays Affinity and Lloyd's of London, one of the world's largest and most respected insurers to offer our members a custom professional liability/errors & omissions policy - the first of its kind in the research industry. The policy is scaleable and can be further customized to your needs.
This exclusive professional liability program is available only to CASRO member companies and addresses the unique insurance needs of firms involved in all forms of market and opinion research, including pharmaceutical projects.
This program includes:
- Defined Professional Services for market research activities
- Professional Liability
- Computer Network Security (including coverage of Regulatory defense and Penalties) HIPAA/HITECH Coverage
- Punitive Damages CoveragePersonal Injury Liability (including breach of Copyright, Libel, Slander)
- Coverage for Independent Contractors Included
- Crisis Management Expenses
- Policy limits up to $5 Million with excess limits available
Protect your company from claims alleging errors in:
- Data aggregation and collection
- Data interpretation and market research consulting
- Arithmetic and computation
- Internet market research that cause copyright, service mark, trademark or trade name infringement
With this program, CASRO members benefit from:
- Lower rates - typically 10-20% lower than policies with comparable coverage.
(By being a CASRO member, you pledge to abide by our Code of Standards and therefore qualify for preferred rates and coverage)
- A simplified application process
- A policy tailored for research companies
Policies in this professional liability insurance program are issued through certain underwriters at Lloyd's of London under the surplus lines law, and administered by Hays Affinity. Underwriters at Lloyd's are not licensed insurers in any state except Kentucky, the United States Virgin Islands, and Illinois (where Underwriters are both licensed and eligible surplus lines insurers). Underwriters at Lloyd's are eligible surplus lines insurers in all other states.
PLEASE NOTE: This is only a partial description of the policy. Policy coverages and benefits are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy. If any conflict exists between these highlights and the policy, the policy will govern. For complete provisions, including exclusions, please refer to the policy itself.