Attorneys and privacy officers employed by and representing CASRO member companies meet twice annually at the CASRO General Counsel Forum in New York City (participation via teleconference also is available). Here they have the unique opportunity to discuss myriad legal issues they currently face and strategize for what may emerge.
The General Counsel & Privacy Officers Forum is moderated by Duane L. Berlin of Lev & Berlin, P.C., General Counsel for CASRO. Topics discussed at recent meetings include:
"It was great to meet my colleagues from other companies and exchange information relating to the latest legal, contract and privacy issues confronting our industry and the key policy issues in front of state legislatures and Congress."
- Harvey A. Ashman
Senior Vice President, General Counsel and External Affairs, IMS
· Data Security and Security Breach Laws
· Social Media and Mobile Research
· State Physician Compensation Laws
· Mergers & Acquisitions
· Do Not Track Legislation and Technology
· Adverse Event ("AE”) Reporting requirements
· Professional Liability (E&O) Insurance
· Discovery – respondent confidentiality and contractual protection
· Requirements for conducting market research and marketing/advertising to children
· Ad claim Substantiation