ISO 27001 Certification: The Key to Managing Information Security
Free Webinar|Thursday, July 30|3-4 p.m. ET
Developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), the 27000 family of standards helps organizations keep information assets secure. The standards can help your organization manage the security of such assets as: Financial information; Intellectual property; Employee details; and Information entrusted to you by third parties.
Learn about ISO 27001 and if it is right for your firm
This webinar will introduce you to the structure and requirements of ISO 27001 that can make Information Security a foundation capability of your firm.Topics Covered:
- Understanding current Information Security landscape
-What is the problem that ISO 27001 solves?
-Process Approach (Plan, Do, Check, Act)
- Structure and requirements of 27001
- Management System
- What is the path to Certification?
- How can I determine the readiness of my firm to adopt ISO 27001?
You’ll also learn more about the benefits of becoming ISO 27001 certified:
- Addressing Client Demands - Certification often eliminates the need to complete extensive data protection questionnaires
- Legislation/Regulation: ISO 27001 certification utilizes a framework that can encompass other requirements, including HIPAA, GLB, COPAA, FTC Rules, State privacy law/regulation; the EU Data Directive and many more around the globe
- To gain a competitive advantage: Certification can provide your company with proof that it takes data security seriously via an annual third-party affirmation
Dave Christiansen, Managing Partner, Ezentria, Inc.
Dave is a Managing Partner of Ezentria, Inc., which specializes in delivering shared CISO and training services to clients in the areas of information security program management, security policy and risk assessment and treatment. Dave’s background includes several entrepreneurial leadership roles in software application development and architecture, SAAS application support and professional services. At RSA (the security division of EMC) Dave lived InfoSec, he was part of the leadership team to develop RSA’s fist SAAS product to help financial organizations meet the FFIEC guidance for fraud prevention and strong online authentication. He later led global teams to provide customer implementation and product support. Educated at Daniel Webster College and Boston University, Dave holds numerous information security professional certifications.