ISO 27001 Foundation Course
A Special 2-Day Program for Market Research Companies
June 8 & 9 | New York, New York
Are you receiving lengthy data security/data protection questionnaires from current and potential clients?
Are you and your staff unsure about how to answer them completely and correctly? Do recent reports of ubiquitous data breaches get you thinking about your company's data security protocols? Then ISO 27001 certification may be a preferred approach for your company.
Request additional information
ISO 27001 implementation and certification can provide your company with an information security framework that can help you win business and educate your staff on key measures for protecting your valuable data.
Now you can gain an in-depth understanding of this global standard - published by the International Organization of Standardization – in a comprehensive session geared specifically to market research companies and our industry.
This course enables participants to learn the best practices for implementing and managing an Information Security Management System as specified in ISO 27001, as well as the best practices for implementing the Information Security controls of the domains of the ISO 27002.
Presented by a key CASRO IT auditor and consultant from Ezentria, an information security consulting firm, the programculminates in a certification for the individual attending from the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB).
Special discount for Attendees of the 2016 CASRO Tech & Innovation Event
"I found the workshop extremely valuable. I was able to learn the terminology used in the standards and was able to ask about real world situations and get feedback from the group. It was also a great help to work through exercises that test your knowledge and to get a better understanding of Risk Assessment and Controls.”
- Jeff George, Vice President, WBA Research
Topics covered include:
- Intro to information security and ISO 27001
- Leadership and Planning
- Risk assessment and risk treatment
- Support and Operation
- Performance evaluation and improvement
- The certification process
Who should attend?
- Operations leaders
- Information security / technology professionals
- Senior staff involved in risk management
- Members of an information security team
- Quality managers
- Note: There is no pre-requisite to attend
Get the information you need to improve your company’s Information Security Management System and see if ISO 27001 certification is the right path for your firm.
Hotels recommendations near The Focus Room for the ISO 27K course.
1. Intro to Information security and ISO 27001
Presented by Ezentria, the program culminates in a certification from the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB).
2. Context of the organization
5. Risk assessment and risk treatment
8. Performance evaluation and improvement
9. Control objectives and controls Certification process
A certificate of Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation will be issued to participants who successfully pass the ISO 27001 Foundation Exam:
- No experience requirements
- No additional certification fee
- No annual maintenance fee
- Certified for life
- Personal credential you can display and promote
Cost: CASRO Members: $1,295 | Non Members: $1,595
Includes: Instruction; 200-page information manual, certification exam and certification certificate (upon successful completion of exam); participation certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits; beverages and lunch each day.